Monday, February 1, 2010

"Land of Da' Kom Skom" Skateboard Art Deck..... Cuz Life Happens When The Blog Doesn't


"Land of Da' Kom Skom" Skateboard Art Deck..... Cuz Life Happens When The Blog Doesn't

The guys at Baseline (Rad Skate shop in Cape Town) are going to have a Skateboard Art Exhibition/Event in the next month or so. I was amped to do a board, and got started last year. For a while now I have pushed to create these heavy blended skies that move and merge like Jazz. This piece was painted thick with exceptionally high quality oils and took almost 2 months to dry. I am very happy with the way it came out. When they get the date/venue confirmed I'll post more info. Dig to see what the other artist did (my board might actually have been the 1st one ready and turned in, that’s bad cuz it took so long to dry...cats lag). A friend back in the US wanted it but I made it for the show so they are out of luck. I can do another one for them when I get back that side but I am sure it will come out different. That's a real original ting'..... Fool!!!
Enjoy-

No comments:

Post a Comment